Successful appeal for scrubs and PPE
Following research and feedback, in late March I launched an initiative to galvanise community support for West Dorset’s frontline NHS doctors, nurses, GPs, care homes and support workers. The plan was to produce additional numbers of scrubs and PPE for healthcare workers who had reached out to me, including:
- 3 D printed shield visors
- Sanitiser gel and spray
- Scrubs (lightweight protective tunic & trouser sets)
I asked you to help, by either providing material and sewing accessories, organising local groups, or by making ‘scrubs’ for our local hospitals, care homes and surgeries. The demand for these was so considerable that we needed to do all we could without delay. You responded magnificently.
THANK YOU, MY APPEAL IS NOW CLOSED
Thank you so much to everyone who signed up to my appeal to make scrubs. Applications are now closed, with an incredible 200 volunteers, and my team is in touch with you. Please see the useful attachments below which you can download, print and share, including patterns to make scrubs, scrub caps, wash bags, head bands and more, along with useful background information and FAQs. We have now fulfilled initial requirements but thank you to those who continue to sew.
Businesses, charities and members of the community have already risen to the challenge:
- Shield Visors: A collaboration between Emu Technologies (Europe) Ltd, South West Signs Ltd and Wincanton Print has made and delivered 60 visors to The Yeatman Hospital’s dedicated COVID 19 ward.
- Over the Easter weekend I delivered 120+ litres of Sanitiser Gel (using de natured alcohol), made in collaboration with Black Cow Vodka Distillery, to care homes and GPs surgeries across West Dorset who had asked me for help. More is in the pipeline and you may see me out and about in my white van!
- Friends of the Yeatman Hospital joined my West Dorset Scrub Hub with £1000 donation for materials and a call to action that resulted in more than 400 volunteers applying. If you would like to donate to the Friends of the Yeatman’s continuing appeal to help buy more fabric, then CLICK HERE
- My 'West Dorset Scrub Hub' appeal attracted 200+ volunteers willing to get involved and closed to new sign-ups on 16.04.20.
I wholeheartedly support and recommend a number of other local scrubs and community groups online, most of whom are in communication with my office. They offer invaluable advice, free patterns and downloadable files (not only for scrubs but also scrubs wash bags, ‘cap’ hats and headbands). I recommend these local groups as your first port of call if you want to get involved and start making. Most are available on Facebook - this list is not conclusive but includes:
- West Dorset Scrubbers Group
- For the Love of Scrubs East Dorset
- For the Love of Scrubs Dorchester & Weymouth
- Taunton Scrubbers (with many makers in the Lyme Regis area)
- Plea for PPE
- And the largest overall national group: For the Love of Scrubs
- The Scrub Hub where you can link in to open-source resources, register your own groups and more
Fran, Rose and groups of sewing friends at Lyme Regis Community Support
Lots of members of our wonderful W.I. across West Dorset
And a veritable army of smaller groups who have got together to organise themselves independently
If you are running a group and would like me to add your details here then please GET IN TOUCH
DOWNLOAD MY GUIDE
Please share this page with friends and family who would like to get involved while they are staying at home.
If you have any queries about this project, please contact Liz in my team by emailing email@example.com - she will not only keep me up to date but will do her best to help you.
CHRIS LODER MP
|WEST DORSET SCRUB HUB FAQs||194.96 KB|
|PATTERN Scrubs Pants||279.04 KB|
|PATTERN Scrubs Tunic Top||195.02 KB|
|'HOW TO MAKE' Scrubs Details||697.34 KB|
|SCRUBS PATTERN full size A0 print||537.19 KB|
|SCRUBS PATTERN A0 instructions||337.73 KB|
|SURGICAL GOWN Pattern print to A4||2.5 MB|
|SURGICAL GOWN Pattern print to A0||149.08 KB|
|DIY FACE MASK Tutorial||320.88 KB|
|SCRUBS WASH BAG Tutorial||3.44 MB|
|SCRUB CAP PATTERN||319.98 KB|
|SCRUB HUB OPEN SOURCE GUIDE||715.9 KB|